As stewards of our 36-year strong institution, we recognize that the cancellation of all in-person TSRC workshops through August 2020 will be difficult for all of us, but the health and safety of our TSRC community is our first priority. The harsh new reality in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic will make travel and gathering plans difficult for some time to come. We regret that our scientists will not have the opportunity to make the personal, face-to-face connections that have spawned so many TSRC collaborations in the past.
Our mission at TSRC is to advance knowledge and discovery for the benefit of all by convening leading scientists from around the world to stimulate collaborations, catalyze breakthroughs, and identify new questions. TSRC intends to support our scientists through this crisis period via two separate platforms: virtual workshops and a virtual live lecture series.
We are working with organizers to host virtual versions of the cancelled 2020 workshops. These virtual meetings will not replicate in-person discussions or experiences, but they will allow participants, who were planning summer trips to Telluride, to engage intellectually and connect with fellow workshop participants at a cost much lower than an in-person meeting would require. Participant registration will also provide critical financial support to ensure that TSRC stays afloat for the future.
Also, TSRC will launch the Telluride Science Summer Lecture Series, a virtual live lecture series. The subscription-based series will run weekdays from 10 am - 12 pm MDT for about 10 weeks. For the lecture series, organizers of workshops planned for 2020 will nominate two presenters from their workshop to present a talk to the greater TSRC community. Scientists will present their work on a live stream; with organizer and speaker approval, presentations may be recorded for later use. Leading scientists will present frontier issues in their fields to a global audience of scientists. Every year scientists express to us their desire to sit in on lectures at other workshops. This new series will make that possible and extend exciting science to audiences well beyond the scheduled workshops.
We hope that you will join our virtual programming this summer or consider a tax-deductible donation to TSRC to help us sustain our revered institution through this difficult time. We look forward to seeing you in Telluride in years to come.
President and Chair of the TSRC Board of Directors
Cancellation and Refund Information
- TSRC has notified all of our lodging partners about the cancellation of the Summer 2020 meetings. All lodging reservations through TSRC for stays through August 2020 have been cancelled, and there is no need for participants to reach out directly to lodging providers.
- For lodging arranged without the assistance of TSRC, participants must contact their lodging providers and request cancellation.
- All lodging fees paid to TSRC will be refunded as quickly as possible. If your lodging refund has not been processed by April 15, 2020, please contact Sara Friedberg at email@example.com.
- We offer three options to consider for registration fees:
- Elect to participate in 2020 Virtual Programming (Summer Lecture Series and/or Virtual Workshops) and receive a refund of all registration fees paid above $200. Student/group pricing is available upon request.
- Elect not to participate in 2020 Virtual Programming and receive a full refund of all registration fees paid.
- Elect to donate registration fees to help support TSRC during this crisis period. Donations are tax-deductible and greatly appreciated.
TSRC Impact on COVID-19
If you are working on problems related to the current COVID-19 pandemic, please let us know. TSRC would be proud to showcase articles or presentations of your work on our website. Also, as part of our outreach to the Telluride community, we are working toward the production of a COVID-19 themed virtual seminar series for the public. Please reach out to Mark Kozak at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in contributing. Many thanks for your consideration.
Donations will help us survive during these uncertain times by covering some of significant losses TSRC will incur because of the COVID-19 related cancellations. We greatly appreciate your consideration and support.